Therapy during COVID-19
During the COVID-19 crisis, I will continue to provide psychotherapy services using Telemedicine, primarily via video sessions utilizing a secure, HIPAA-compliant system. If you would like to continue your therapy with me during this period, here are the steps:
- Print, read and sign this Teletherapy Informed Consent and email or text it back to me. (email: email@example.com or text: 303-257-2427)
- When it’s time for our appointment, find a private place with a good internet connection where you won’t be overheard during your session.
- Click on this link from your smartphone, desktop or tablet https://doxy.me/margithenderson
- Enter your name in the box provided. This will check you in to my “waiting room.” I will connect the video call to start our session.
- You will be asked to allow access to your microphone and video camera. Allow both.
- After your session, please mail your check to me at 1805 S. Bellaire St., #175, Denver, CO 80222.
No download or registration is required for you to use doxy.me. You can access it from any type of smartphone or computer using Chrome, Firefox or Safari browsers. You are not required to use video therapy during this time. We can also do phone sessions if you’d prefer that.
Since the stay-at-home order has been lifted, I will offer limited in-person therapy where necessary or strongly preferred. However, since we are all “safer at home,” I recommend continued teletherapy with clients for whom this modality has been working well. Also, if there is a resurgence of the pandemic or if other health concerns arise, a return to teletherapy will be required.
For those considering meeting with me in-person, print, read and sign this Consent to Resume In-Person Therapy Form.
I have taken the following precautions to reduce the spread of COVID-19 during your in-person therapy session:
- Office and waiting room seating is repositioned for social distancing—minimum of 6 feet apart.
- Waiting room traffic is minimized to one person or couple at a time.
- Tea service has been removed to minimize germ spread. Tissues are used when operating the tap on the water dispenser.
- Office windows are open (weather permitting) to increase ventilation. Air purifiers are used during in-person therapy.
- I wear a mask and require clients to wear masks as well.
- Office seating is separated by 9+ feet.
- Hand sanitizer is available.
- Each client has signed the Informed Consent, which includes conduct agreement to minimize the spread of COVID-19 (watch for symptoms, cancel appointment or switch to teletherapy if sick or unsure, wash hands, no hand shakes, communication about risk and exposure, etc.).